Pages

8.10.2012

<< my week in review: 8/3-9

My week of camera phone photos and whatnot.

Went to Target to buy some birthday presents with Kaitlin.
We spent some time looking at sunglasses, because I have a thing for sunglasses.
When I saw this pair, I had to get a picture.
Actually, we took lots-o-pix with lots-o-shades, 
but this one is my favorite.

The birthday party was for two BFFs who share the same birthday
and the invitation said that a limousine would pick Kaitlin up between 5 and 6.

A stretch limo full of 6th graders.
It's a good thing I don't care about the Joneses and keeping up 
with their birthday parties.

At 5 she was looking out the front window, waiting for her limo,
texting her friends, keeping track of their progress.


Before she went outside, Kaitlin told me in no uncertain terms that I was not 
NOT!
allowed to take photos of her and the limo.



I hope she forgives me.


Then, I popped my head in because I had to see for myself what the inside of a stretch limo looks like.
I hope she forgives me for this photo, too.


On Saturday, while JD and John were at baseball,
 I started putting Roy's letters to Doris in order according to date.
They began in 1944 and go through 1949.
One postmark was illegible, so I opened the letter to find the date. 
In the envelope Roy had enclosed a piece of paper marked classified. 
I can't wait to find out what that's about.

Saturday night we got the letters out and while I read a few aloud to JD 
he googled the timeline of WW2 and gave me updates 
of what was going on at the time of the writing of that letter.
We did the math and realized that Roy was 18 
when he began writing Doris from training camp, 
and Doris was only 16.


On Sunday we drove to Wisconsin Dells.
Some friends had invited us to their timeshare. 
Such a huge blessing to be able to have a little vacay with the family 
because of their generosity.




John brought his friend, Cory, from baseball.
They reminded JD and me of the two judges from the Muppet Show.


 

We spent a lot of our time at the pool.
Sarah did her best imitation of Missy Franklin and the USA swim team,
complete with a great backstroke entrance from the starting block,
and a modified version of the butterfly.
Most importantly, she got her underwater handstand down.

 
She told me that she's going to swim in the Olympics someday.
Sounds good to me.

Of course we watched the Olympics each night.
One night when Kostas reported the total medal count, 
with China leading the USA by 3 medals,
Sarah said somewhat disgustedly,
"Oh CHINA!"
It cracked us up.

The boys went golfing one afternoon.
This tee was right next to our cabin, so when they got there, I ran out to get photos.




We went to Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty for breakfast one morning.
We'd eaten there the last time we were in the Dells, 4 years ago, and
it was high on the list of things the kids wanted to do again.

(I think Cory might be wondering if this will be posted on Facebook and 
regretting his decision to come with us.)

You kinda have to have your kids pose with Paul Bunyan...

... and this guy at the entrance of Ripley's.

Here's a little bit of trivia:
The tallest man in America lives in the same town we live in.


He's taking a photo of me taking a photo of him.



And a family photo before we leave the Dells.


Look what came in the mail on Thursday!
It's the print I won for the #hellomornings contest on Pinterest.

What a nice way to end the week.

Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning;
for I am trusting You.
Show me where to walk
for I give myself to You.
Psalm 143:8


life rearranged
I linked up with Life Rearranged.

10 comments:

  1. Another interesting week! I look forward to your Friday weekly report to enjoy a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the Friday report too because my week always seems so much more interesting than when I actually lived it. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy InstaFriday! I'm your newest fan. :) Please check out my InstFriday post if you have the chance.

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love, Kristina. I did check out your post. Your photo reminded me of the picture of my girls with the worlds tallest man in front of Ripley's. :)

      Delete
  3. I think it's the best that you took (and posted) the limo pictures! And she was even smiling for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that she will be thankful for those photos one day. Especially the one inside the limo. I asked her later if it was okay that I took the pictures and she said it was. That's the thing. As their moms we know best. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your pics and comments!

    -Kari Cop......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne!
    I found your site via Instafriday at Life Rearranged! I decided to follow along! The photos looks fun and happy!
    Have a great weekend!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about InstaFriday is, it's kinda like what you said about Instagram... it helps you to find the beauty, or the humor, or the adventure - whatever the case may be - in your week. Thanks for following along!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...