Pages

1.02.2013

My Word(s) for 2013

I'm picking some words to focus on this year. I haven't done that in the past. Looking back, I have recognized theme words that have defined a year. But I've never chosen a word looking forward, to meditate on for a year and apply to my life.

Part of me doesn't want to put my words out there, just because everyone else is putting words out there. I've never really been one to do things just because others are doing them. Well, and also because if I put it out there, and come to the end of the year and it hasn't been applied, then I feel like a failure... but that's probably exactly why I should do it. To put it out there so that I do it. It's me holding me accountable. Plus, our pastor encouraged us to do it, so.

I decided to pick three words (he only said one, but I couldn't stop at one) to concentrate on in 2013. After thinking on it a while, dreaming about it (literally!), massaging the words in honor of my pastor's love of alliteration, and of course, talking to God about it, here are my three words for 2013:




In future posts I'll probably dive deeper into the reasons I chose these words and the meanings behind them for me personally. But for now, here are the dictionary definitions of the words I chose.

clarify
-verb
1. to make or become clear or easy to understand.
2. to make or become free of impurities.
3. to make clear by heating, etc, or to become clear as a result of such a process.

content
-adjective
1. satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.

create
-verb
1. to cause to come into being as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint.
4. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to.

Did you choose a word or words for the year? If so, what did you choose?

1 comment:

  1. You did what I wanted to do and picked more than one word! YES!!

    Also - I love your blog header - so simple and pretty. Very inviting!

    Thanks for linking up to D2I

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...