Pages

8.30.2013

my week in review: 8/23-29//2013

Sharing my Instagram photos and whatnot.

I was so anticipating the arrival of my mug swap package that I completely forgot that a long, long time ago I signed up to get sent this book.

Glennon from Momastery wanted everyone who wanted to read this book be able to read it. That's how important she thinks it is. But she didn't have enough copies for everyone. So she wrote several addresses in the front of each book and the people who received the book from Glennon had to pass them on to the next person on the list. I'm last on this book's list and I feel kinda bad that the sharing stops with me.

I want to continue the goodness! So if you want to learn about how the courage to be vulnerable transforms the way we live, love, parent and lead, then email me your mailing address at annebgoodblog (at) gmail (dot) com. I'll send it to you when I'm done. But you must promise to pass it on to the next person, okay? 

If you are the last one one the list, then I hope you will follow my lead and find people to give it to. Make sense?

Let's keep this goodness that Glennon started going!

On Friday evening I got a voice mail from my uncle who drove a bus full of volleyball players to Rochester saying that he was at Century high school. I brought John and Kaitlin with me to visit with him and watch a little of the scrimmage before I brought them to their Friday night activities.

John was particularly emphatic about not wanting to go into the gym and watch the girl's play volleyball. It seemed weird to me, so I asked him about it. He said that he didn't want any of the girls to see him there. Something about the "drama" and having to answer questions like "do you like her since you showed up at her game?" Wow. Seeing girls' behavior from a boy's perspective is interesting.

side note: 
Sometimes boys come to girls' volleyball games because their moms make them come. 
That is all.

Saturday we went to John and JD's football scrimmage in Rosemount. JD has coached 9th grade football for several years, but this year John's in ninth grade, so John gets to play for JD.

Oh hey! - here's a promotional video for the varsity team that John got to be a part of (he's in the weight room scene, at the squat rack). I thought it was cool that the varsity guys asked him to be in it.



We had dinner at our friends and afterwards I enjoyed the amazing view of the surrounding farmland as we sat by the pool.

We didn't bring our suits, but that didn't bother my little fish. She just jumped right in with her clothes on.

My mug swap package arrived this week! I love my mug. On the back she wrote "Have faith to move mountains." She also included instructions for baking Sharpie onto it if I wanted to add some color. I didn't know that you can bake Sharpie to make it stay on mugs. 30 minutes at 350 F degrees, fyi. I'm tempted to try it, but I think I like this mug just the way it is. I'll have to experiment on my own.

It's been hot! So I cooled down with some ice cream. And it occurred to me that -

As ice cream refreshes on a hot day, so does good news refresh your soul.

I got some good news this week. So unexpected! A little extra money. "It's not much," he told me almost apologetically. And I thought, "yeah, but when you are strapped, even a little bit is a blessing." I could barely speak to thank him because I was crying into the phone.

Thank you, God!

Now I can buy those school supplies.

I harvested some more basil. I decided to make a basil infused apple cider vinegar. I've got big plans for it.

Thursday morning John wanted an egg muffin for breakfast. I had made him one last Saturday before his scrimmage. He played well at the scrimmage, so he wanted one on Thursday for game day. I thought that was pretty funny.

I took off work on Thursday and took the girls downtown to the Thursday market they have there in the summer. This was the first one I went to all summer and it happened to be the last one of the year. I enjoy going, it's such a fun atmosphere. Art, food, music. Fun.

I picked up some of my favorite soap from Amy at the Bubbles by Brooks booth. And library books as long as we were downtown.

Thursday night was John's first ninth grade football game. What fun to watch him play in a Century uniform in the high school stadium! He played well! They won 28-0! He even ran it in for a touchdown! #proudmama

[bonus feature:]

Highlights.

First play of his high school career (he's playing quarterback).

John runs it in for the touchdown on a quarterback keeper.

Post game picture posing with his proud sisters. Honestly. I am overwhelmed by my love for these kids. I love watching them grow into who God made them to be.

[end bonus feature]

I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

life rearranged

2 comments:

  1. A. I'm sending you an email after this.
    B. Kids really do have it rough in High School with all the drama.
    C.I loved the bonus feature. You can totally print this out to save for him later and he will love it!
    D. I am curious to see what basil infused ACV does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Stopping by from Floral + Ivory, via Life Rearranged! Thank you for the sweet comment on my post - made my morning! I'm loving your high school football photos - I was a high school cheerleader, and this made me feel young again! So proud of your boy's first touchdown! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...