Pages

5.16.2014

my week in review: 5/9-15//2014

Sharing my Instagram photos and the stories behind them.

Baseball season (aka. crazy family schedule) continues.
I'm totally okay with the crazy schedule. It's the way it is.

Just don't complain about what's for dinner.
Or what time we eat it.

And also don't leave milk in your cereal bowl.
Especially organic milk. Ugh!
This particular morning there was so much left that I could fill a glass.
Which is what I did. Along with the note.
I hope they got the message.

I posted this on Mother's Day.
It's my mom holding me.
I love her.
So glad she's my mommy.

I'm so glad I get to my my kids' mommy.
They're the best.
Even if they pour too much milk.

This week for my Brene Brown course we talked about the importance of play.
Wholehearted people laugh and dance and sing.
So we had to make a playlist of songs that fit the categories she gave us.

Rise Up Song(s)
 Every time I hear these two songs, my soul soars.
Born to Fly by Sara Evans 
 I'll Fly Away by Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch

Dance Song(s)
If I had to narrow it down to just one dance song for a playlist, I'd have to choose
YMCA by Village People 
because who doesn't get up to do the YMCA motions when that song comes on?
But I didn't narrow it down to just one song because this song
Thriller by Michael Jackson
gets me going every time I hear it (ask my kids). 
Also, because of this scene from 13 Going On 30.

Sing Along Song
I just like singing along to All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
because, really, all I wanna do is have some fun.
And I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Tough Times Song
Everytime I hear Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae 
it makes me feel better.
"Just relax, just relax," she tells me. "You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow."

Feisty Song
Brene said this one is supposed to be a "kick ass" song.
I'm not sure that I really identify with a kick ass song.
But when I heard Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert for the first time, 
I sure did like it. And I felt kinda feisty.

I downloaded the songs that I didn't already have and have been listening to this playlist all week.
I'm feeling more wholehearted already.

I'm @annebickle linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

life rearranged

1 comment:

  1. Love the note for the milk. Totally something I would do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...