Pages

7.08.2012

Chicken Cashew Pasta Salad Recipe

8. lunch {chicken cashew pasta salad} #photoadayjuly

I posted this photo for my July 8th photo a day picture and sarasamomx5 requested the recipe, so this is for you, sarasamomx5:

Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad
Mix together:
  • 2 cups cooked pasta (The recipe called for shell pasta, but I had the remains of 2 sizes of elbow macaroni that I wanted to get rid of. I didn't bother measuring how much pasta, I just emptied the boxes.)
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces (I had 2-1/2 pieces I'd grilled the night before.)
  • 3-4 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1 small onion, diced (I used the rest of the green onions I had on hand.)
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper (I don't like bell pepper, so I didn't add it. Because I'm the mom, that's why.)
In a separate bowl, mix together the dressing:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 2 tsp lemon juice (I didn't have lemon juice, so I just used 2 t. more vinegar.)
  • dash of salt (I would use more salt in future batches and/or less sugar.)
Stir dressing into chicken mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.

Just before serving, mix in 1/2 cup cashew halves, or just pour in however many you want without measuring, like I did. I like cashews.

I got the original recipe at allrecipes.com, my favorite place to go for recipes.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

That looks incredible.

Anne said...

Thanks. It was gone before I could say "save me some for lunch tomorrow."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...