Pages

10.05.2012

<< my week in review: 9/28-10/4

InstaFriday.
Grainy photos of my week & the stories behind them.



Homecoming game Friday night.
Mercifully we came away with the W.
Look at the dance team in this pic!
Those girls have their feet high above their heads!
In unison!
I get goosebumps every time they do the high kick routine.


After the game some the coaches' wives & their kin went to Applebee's for half price appetizers.
2/3 of my kin were at sleep overs and the other 1/3 didn't want to hang out with the grown ups.
"Hello, Grilled Chicken Wanton Tacos. So nice to eat you. Let's do it again soon."



Book club on Saturday night and I haven't finished my book yet.
Reading like crazy.



Sarah's and John's game schedules conflicted on Saturday.
I got to see this little cutie play soccer while

my son got hit in the neck!
and the football game stopped for about 15 minutes!
while the trainer worked on him to rule out injury to his vertebrae!
before they could move him to the sidelines.

My mom was at his game and called me, a little shaken up I think, to tell me that
John was flat on his back.
"Is he moving his arms or legs?" was my first question.
"Yes, but they're looking at his head," she said.
"Well at least he can move. Keep me informed."
I was afraid it might be a concussion like he had last football season.
JD is one of his coaches and I knew he would let me know if it was anything serious.

It's times like that when I'm glad that we live in the home of Mayo Clinic
and have trainers (and parents) from Mayo.
It turned out to be an injury to a neck muscle, about an inch away from his spine.
He'll be sore and stiff,
but he'll be playing football next week.



I love mangoes.
And I love licorice.
So I had to try this mango licorice that I found at ALDI on Saturday.
The mango licorice got eaten a lot faster than the black licorice.
That's the nice thing about black licorice:
Even when I share it, I don't have to share it.


It's a spur of the moment Date Night!

On Saturday JD got a text from one of the coaches in his Friday morning FCA coaches bible study
saying that they decided that they wanted to send us on a date night.
!
The only night we could do it was Saturday night.
Even though I read like crazy to finish the book for book club,
and even though I missed last month's book club meeting,
and even though I love getting together with those girls,
I knew that we really needed a date night.
It didn't take me long at all to sacrifice book club so we could go out.
It was just what we needed.
I'm so grateful to those coaches to provide that for us.


 It's my week to work in the Preschool Sunday School.
 Cute little kids, coloring so quietly.
 I had to take a picture of this one, from our small group.
 And she gave me this face as soon as I brought out my phone camera.
She made me laugh out loud. Look at that face!
Thanks for the laugh, silly girl.


Monday, after soccer practice,
we went to watch daddy coach the 9th grade football team to a definitive victory.
They're 5-0 now.

Sarah didn't want to go until she realized her friend would be there.
These two are peas in a pod.

I'm trying to make the duckface that Kaitlin makes in all her pictures.
I think it's a good look for me.
This girl is so much fun.
How lucky am I to get to be her mommy?



I have a new dog now.
Sarah opened up a puppy store in her bedroom and asked me if I would buy a puppy.
But she made sure that I knew that it is a responsibility to have a puppy.
I have to feed it every morning and evening.
It only cost me $1.


This church steeple is across the street from my workplace.
I took this photo on Monday.

And this photo on Thursday.

Autumn is such a brilliant, short lived thing.


I scoped out the prices of party supplies this week.

I'm throwing a birthday party for myself at work.
Actually, it's a party for the residents and the excuse is my birthday.
See, I haven't had a party for the residents in a while,
and I don't really want to work too hard on my birthday.
Two birds. One stone.




Kaitlin had a volleyball game on Wednesday.
Or was it a match? Or a set?
Or a set of matches?
I'm learning the volleyball lingo, haven't mastered it yet.



The K.M.S. 6th grade volleyball team.



I broke out the winter jacket on Thursday morning.
Wednesday the temperature got up to 78°F.
Thursday the temperature was supposed to get up to 57°F.
Here's something about Minnesotans: 
they pride themselves in is how cold hardy they are.
As in, "I can't believe you are wearing a winter jacket in this balmy 50° weather. I'm wearing flip flops and shorts."
I am not a cold hardy Minnesotan.
I am all about being warm when I have to get out an pump my gas.



I've been meditating on 1 Peter 2:13-25 this week.
Good stuff.


life rearranged
a link up with Life.Rearranged.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...