Pages

1.30.2013

When Weakness is Good News


Sometimes I feel very weak. And in those times, if I choose to focus on God and not myself, I am so thankful for His strength that sustains me.

Yesterday, I made that graphic at the top of this post because this song from my youth kept going through my head:

Jesus loves me this I know 
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to him belong; 
They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me. 
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

His grace sustains us in our weakness. His power is made perfect in our weakness. The Bible tells us so. When I feel weak, it's an opportunity for God's strength to be revealed in me. And that is way better than anything I could do in my own strength (which is not much) (okay, it's nothing). That's good news. 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
 
A Royal Daughter

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Yes,oh to remember that in all those weak moments of mine! Thank-you for the reminder...L~

Tamera Beardsley said...

Ahhh, this brings back lovely Sunday school memories for me... now I can hear it with a much more adult perspective! Thank you Anne for the reminder!

Kelly @ Leafy Not Beefy said...

Oh, I love that verse! So humbling and so encouraging! Found you from the linkup :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...