Pages

1.18.2013

<< my week in review: 1/11-17

InstaFriday
Holla!


This shout out from Jeannett last week made my day.


I spent all Saturday morning sitting on these (hard) wooden bleachers.


Watching this.

Sarah was in a dance team clinic on Friday and they performed at the intermission of the local competition on Saturday.
I tried to take a video of her, but there wasn't enough memory in my iPod.
I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture. 
Their routine was done before I could switch from video to camera.


Every time I see this sign I think:
"I want to apply... just to see if I'm awesome."


Saturday night game of Sequence.


Sometimes we'll give Reggie the empty containers to lick.
This one got stuck on his nose.
Yes, we have fun at his expense.


That's Kaitiln serving.
Sundays are volleyball tournament days.
They are also church days and small group days and youth group days.
Which makes our Sundays very full days.
Thankfully all of her tournaments are local.


Sarah got 20 brown envelopes in the mail on Monday.
One for each of the $50 shares of a house that she raised money for at Christmas time.
So glad for her heart to help others.
So glad for those of you who donated money to the cause.


I started collecting my story on the blog, starting with the story of my birth.


This is my view at work.
On Tuesday one of my 86 year old tenants was sitting on that couch and started having a seizure. 
I called 911 right away and sat with her until help came.
It was a little bit scary. I felt so helpless.
They took her to the hospital and she's okay now.
Turns out she just fainted, but you never know.

It made me think about life and how fleeting it is. 
Even 86 years is nothing.
And in the end, it won't matter if we are in low income housing or a dream retirement villa.
We all have the same end.



I came home from work to this one day this week.
The kids had found a bunch of videos from 2008.
There was very much laughing going on.
Oh my goodness! How did I keep a straight face back then?

Watch for yourself...



When I was working from home, I let them entertain themselves by making videos.
I'm so glad I did.
It was like finding a gold mine, seeing those videos again.
I had downloaded them to the computer and never did anything with them.
I think I'll need to be making some home movies.

Seeing them made me just a little bit sad to think how fast it goes.
Just four or five years.
They've changed so much since then.


I've started meeting with a young woman at church in sort of a mentor role.
She was in my small group and one of her prayer requests was for someone to pour into her.
So I volunteered.
We are going through a study on the fruits of the Spirit.
This week we're reading about peace.


God's peace is countercultural.
It defies our human understanding.
It guards our hearts and minds.
He is our peace when we trust Him.

That was my week in blurry Instagram photos.
How was your week?

I'm @annebickle on Instagram.
Linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

life rearranged

15 comments:

Jan Winnes said...

Darling videos. I was waiting for her cooking show video, which I remember. These were precious. Thanks for sharing.

Anne Bickle said...

There were so many! I didn't want it to get too long. But you know, the cooking show wasn't in with that batch. I need to get them all into a movie. The kids LOVE watching them! I do too! The cooking show will definitely have to be included. That was fun.

Jessica said...

Oh. My. Sarah's videos are adorable! I SO need to let my kids take more videos! It is like a gold mine to find old ones when they were so little and spunky :)

Anne Bickle said...

Totally a gold mine! I can't wait to get to the rest of them. They don't make so many videos anymore... I loved it as a creative outlet slash entertainment tool. Have a great week!

Crystal said...

Saw you on InstaFriday with Life Rearranged. Love the video store sign and comment :)

Tamera Beardsley said...

Another lovely post my dear! Your eeks are so full of love!

Lucy said...

Oh Anne, I could hug you!! I was laughing outright at this post. Just what I needed after 'one of those days' you know the kind where it feels like nothing or anyone is on your side? so laughing was good medicine. I really know what you mean about the difference in a few short years in our kids. It takes a certain strength of emotions to view those archives.Bless you as you obviously shine the light for so many...Lucy`

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks for stopping by Crystal. I'm glad you can appreciate my humor! :)

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks Tamera! I'm glad that the love is evident.

Anne Bickle said...

Lucy! I'd give you a big hug right back. I'm so glad that you got to laugh just when you needed a laugh. It is good medicine, isn't it? I'm glad that you found some medicine here. ((Hug))

Amanda said...

Hi Anne! Hope you're doing well! I always love your insta-friday pics :) That shout-out is awesome and so is the sign!! I would love to find out if I'm awesome, too ;) ...You're so right about life being fleeting and kids growing up too fast. I think about it daily. I loved reading the photo of your Bible study notes! Thanks so much for sharing, have a blessed day!!

Anne Bickle said...

Aw. I'm so glad you enjoy my InstaFridays! If we applied, they'd make us managers we're so awesome. ;) xo

Ellie said...

What a week! I'm tired just seeing all of your activities! We have a friend in the hospital with serious heart problems and he's not even old, so I know what you mean about the end-of-life thing. Not fun. I'm headed over to check out your I-was-almost-dead post. Way to start life!

Anne Bickle said...

I'm tired seeing all my activities too... ! Thanks for stopping by!

Denise said...

that sign IS AWESOME. makes me want to apply for a job there.

my word this year is "peace." God is giving me opportunity to put it into practice.

i love that you are mentoring. my husband and i began mentoring 3 young couples. my experience from mentoring in the past is that i always receive more from the Holy Spirit than the i could ever give. i'm always humbled/overwhelmed that He uses me. May God magnify Himself to you during your time with your friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...