Pages

1.25.2013

<< my week in review: 1/18-24

InstaFriday
The story behind the pictures.

Brrrrrr-ing it!


My little basketball player started basketball this week.


I was up way to early on Sunday. 
But I did get to see this, so it wasn't all bad.


I had to be there early because it was my week to work in the A/V booth. 
It was a two travelling coffee mug kind of morning.

Oh my goodness, it got cold this week.


Ugh! If +32 degrees is freezing, what is -32 degrees?
Crazy, that's what.
It's like ice, ice baby.... stop! collaborate...


But the summers (both months) are totally worth it.
That's what we tell ourselves.


Bring it, Cold Temps!
You don't scare me and my scarf of many colors.
This has been my standard uniform this week.



It's cold in our house, but I'm nice and warm.
Yeah, that's right. I'm wearing three sweaters. 
I'm starting a trend.
#fashionbloggerstakenote
  
I'm too hot to handle, too cold to hold... wait...



 Like I've always said:
 "if I had to choose, I'd rather pick cold because you can always put more layers on."
Although I confess, taking layers off because I'm too hot sounds really good to me right about now.

It's been sub zero temps here in Minnesota this last week.
Sometimes we wonder why we moved back here and dream of moving somewhere warm.
Or at least vacationing somewhere warm... especially in January/February.

But I try to put a positive spin on things whenever I can,
so I sent the following email to my husband this week:

Reasons to love living in cold weather:
1. The two car refrigerator.   
2. No need to brush hair - just wear a stocking hat.   
3. It's invigorating.   
4. More snuggling to stay warm. Promotes healthy relationships.
5. Candles. 
6. Fires in the fireplace.   
7. Blankets!   
8. Hot beverages. 
Care to join me in finding good reasons?

To which he replied:

1. I need to eat less, not more.
2. Beach bums obviously have no problems either.
3. A drink on the beach when its 80 where you are, and -5 where others are, is pretty invigorating too.
4. [censored] 
5. Torches on the beach.
6. Bonfires on the beach
7. Spread out on the beach
8. Coffee over the cool ocean breezes isn’t bad either.  ! 

Consequently, during the month of February, we are accepting invitations to visit anyone who lives in tropical temperatures.


It was a good exercise for me and brought about some good conversations with my honey.
It was a little bit scary to write out my dreams because I hadn't ever really done it before.
I think I avoided it because I didn't want to feel like a failure.
(That's my discouraged perfectionist coming out.)

I also wrote about the time when I really did forget to wear a shirt to work.
Some people dream about it, I actually did it.



This week's topic in the study I'm doing with my friend is Patience.
I couldn't wait to get to it!
(lol)

Patience in circumstances is tied to endurance which is tied to hope.
Patience with people is tied to mercy.
The mercy/patience is the fruit of the Spirit kind.
It's good stuff.

So, that was my week.
How was your week?

I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.


23 comments:

Amy said...

I always sing Ice, Ice Baby when it's cold. Well, just the famous part:) Love your week, Ann. Great email and great response from JD! I've had a lot going on and have missed it when there's not enough time to visit here. Glad to do so now!

Creole Wisdom said...

I'm from MN, too :) I am checking in from LR and had to wonder with the shot you selected... of course it's only here that it's that freezing, haha!

I agree about the layers thing. I hate our summers sometimes because they are just miserable.

:)

Amber Enns said...

i like the questions you sent your hubby and his answers.
you and i look rather similar with our scarves and layers upon layers of clothing! it nice to know that other people are able to relate to the freezing temps! here in MB we are supposed to get a 'warm spell' i hope you guys get it too! im following along with you now :) it was so nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

Come visit me in February! -Kari Coppinger

Jessica said...

Forgetting to wear a shirt... HILARIOUS!! I remember buying a blazer and skirt from VS once back in the early 90's too. I can't remember if I wore a shirt under it... Vanilla Ice and Bobby Brown - classic. Love that you included the videos! Have a warm weekend :)

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks Amy. xo

Janet Butler said...

You are the second one of my friends to reference 'Ice Ice Baby' in your blog this week! What a co-ink-ee-dink! I'm still laughing at the story about not wearing a shirt under your blazer. Thank goodness for the ONE person who was willing to mention it to you!! What did you do the rest of the day after you realized that you were supposed to wear a shirt under the blazer??

Kerry @ Made For Real said...

Oh you made me laugh!! And I browsed a bit and am so enjoying you ....drumroll please .........
which is why I'm choosing to spotlight YOU in the studioJRU blog hop!!! Congrats! I'm sure many others will enjoying reading your blog too : )

xoxo,
Kerry

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks for checking in and leaving a comment. I hope you are enjoying our warm weather... haha. Have a great week! xo

Anne Bickle said...

We are getting a warm spell... it's up to 17. I hope you guys are enjoying yours too. :) Thanks for the follow. It's always fun to meet new people. Have a great week! xo

Anne Bickle said...

Yes! Oh... wait... did I forget to mention that we'll need you to pay for our travel expenses too? ... lol ... Someday, I'd love to be able to come out there and visit you. xo

Anne Bickle said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos... and my VS shirtless story. I'm sure you were smarter than I was and wore a shirt. Unless you have cleavage like the VS models and filled out your blazer, unlike me who left it gaping open... I hope you are enjoying your weekend. xo

Anne Bickle said...

I'm pretty sure that the rest of the office had a conversation about it and decided that she should be the one to go in and tell me. The rest of the office was male. Fortunately is was a Christian psychological office, so they cared about my modesty AND about not scarring me for life... And, after she told me... I just stayed in my office, away from any clients. :)

Anne Bickle said...

Aw, thanks so much! I am honored that you decided you wanted to share me with people. Truly. That means a lot. Thank you! xo

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love the thoughts between you and your husband about living in the cold! lol SO happy Kerry shared your blog with the 'it's a small world' blog hop... you have such a special place here in bloggy land. Happy to know you, Anne! :)

Denise said...

visiting from jru's blog hop. glad to "meet" you. this post is HILARIOUS! thanks for the late 80's flashbacks. my husband enjoys him some cold, and would totally agree with you about the layering. i loath cold, and would take an insanely hot cali day over a minnesota brr any day.

Anne Bickle said...

thank you, Jennifer! I appreciate that. I'm happy to get to know you, too. xo

Anne Bickle said...

thanks for visiting, Denise! Right about now, I might agree with you re: the cold.

Southern Gal said...

Visiting from Jennifer's blog hop. Love this post. As someone from the South, we had temps in the high 70's two weeks ago and it's been lows in the 20's this week. Just another day in paradise. ;) Your husband is right on track. We live a short distance from the beach. It's our favorite vacation spot. I'll take the beach any day!

Cassi Brightforest said...

The shirt story is great! And I am with your husband I don't understand why we live here at all.

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks for visiting, Southern Gal. I think you missed the part of the post where I went fishing for invitations to some place warm... ! Haha. Oh well.

Anne Bickle said...

I'm not sure why we live here either. I have to put a positive spin on it. It's a survival tactic.

Carolyn said...

I found your blog thru its a small world blog hop & I'm so glad I visited , your blog is so fresh & funny, I enjoyed your week,
Ps: I'm in australia & our week topped out at 44'C (111F) so the ice & snow was even refreshing!
ISinging hot, hot baby!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...