Pages

1.11.2013

<< my week in review: 1/4-10

InstaFriday
Where am I?


This dog.
In my bed, under my covers like a big hairy person. 
It caused me to scream a little bit.
Then my scream caused JD to giggle quite a bit lot.
He had snuck Reggie under my covers while I was getting ready for bed, 
completely oblivious to their scheming.
I didn't see him for a very long time, he was so lazy still.
When I finally found Reggie I was very surprised.
Real funny.


I had fun this week playing "where am I?" on Instagram.
It didn't matter what the picture was, John always left the following guess: 
HyVee (our local grocery store).



Where am I? 
(The athletic club.)
I've been here three times in one week.
Will miracles never cease?


Where am I? 
(The National Volleyball Center)
This is where I'll be spending a good many Sundays for a while.

Kaitlin's volleyball season has started.
Her team's name is "Apples"
I mean, really. Who named these teams?
It just feels funny to cheer for the Apples. You can't really shout it out and sound fiercely competitive.
"Go Apples!"
If our team has to be a fruit, I wish it were Bananas.
"Go Bananas!"


How do you like them Apples?
Between her games (or are they sets? or matches?) I got this picture.
All her besties on the same team.
I don't think they are going to have any fun this year.... do you?
Oma successfully photo-bombed the picture. 
John wasn't quite as successful in avoiding it.


One of my words for 2013 was clarify.
Among other things that I want to clarify, I want to clarify why I'm blogging.
There are so many good things out there to blog about, so many connections to be made.
But instead of aimlessly blogging about good things, 
I want to focus on one of the primary reasons I started this blog in the first place... 
...to collect my life stories.
So I started a series to keep myself accountable about collecting them.


John had a science class presentation this week on an experiment he conducted involving ice.
Remember the steak that Reggie ate last week?
It was while we ran to the store to get the presentation board and stuff.
This week I helped him cut out all the photos of the melting ice.


Where am I? 
(In line waiting for the drive-thru window, making the rent deposit for work.)


JD helped me figure out a schedule for working out, squeezed between my chauffeuring duties.
Except that on this particular night I was in my workout groove and completely forgot that I needed to pick up Kaitlin and her three friends from volleyball practice.
(sorry Kaitlin's friends' moms!)


Where am I? 
(Locked out of my office, that's where.)
I had to call the police to come let me in.



Sarah drew this.
I love it.
"Anyone can be a super modle!" 
"That's awesome, Sarah.... do you want to be a super model?"
"No, I just think that everyone is beautiful."
[my heart swells 10x it's normal size]


And Sarah made this little clay beagle while she was supposed to be getting ready for school.
"It's Buddy (Aunt Betty's dog)," she said, showing me.
"I just kinda made the head by accident, and then I thought, well, what if I make some ears? Then I made some legs. And... it's Buddy!"
I was too impressed with her creativity to be upset about her dillydallying.


God knows my heart. Even better than I do.
Not just the what is in there, but the why it's there.
I can't hide from Him. I tried to once. It didn't work.
He is so good and faithful and gracious to me.
Why would I want to hide from Him?

I'm @annebickle on Instagram.
Linking up with @jeannett for InstaFriday.

life rearranged
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

Bethany said...

JD told me about how he and Reggie plotted to surprise you! haha
What a great example you are to your daughters, Anne. Sarah's illustration shows the life lessons/wisdom on your blog, chats during your coffee times and whenever you get a chance with your girls that the point is getting through!
The little Buddy warmed my heart :)

Jessica said...

I love your reason for blogging. I guess that's why I do it too (I'm just not as good at my commentary as you are). Especially since I don't scrapbook or anything along those lines! Do you?
I like your Bananas team name idea. It makes me think, "Go. Bananas. Go, go Bananas!" It's ok. You can laugh at me.
Have a terrific weekend, friend!

Tamera Beardsley said...

Such a lovely post my dear.... your love for family shines through!

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks, Bethany. I do hope that I am a good example. // I knew you'd like the Buddy she made! That's why I had to take a photo of it! :) // love you, sis. xo

Anne Bickle said...

I'm not laughing. I'm saying it along with you... "lean to your left, lean to your right, peel your banana and, UH, take a bite!"

I don't scrapbook. I started once. I wanted to scrapbook. But then I didn't. Blogging a scrapbook is so much easier.

Thanks, Jessica. You too. You are a blessing to me, friend. xo,ab

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks, Tamera. I appreciate that. xo

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a fun post! Love the 'where am I' theme! :) Your pup is so sweet and the clay beagle is too cute!

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...