Pages

2.08.2013

<< my week in review 2/1-7

InstaFriday
It's super duper.

I really wish I had my super duper zoom camera for this picture. 
Then you'd be able to see Kaitlin's super duper intimidating stare down face. 
She's there at the net, looking right at the girl. If I were that girl, I'd probably pee my pants.

"Hey Kaitlin, give me your volleyball stare down stare."

That's what I'm talking about. 
Go Apples!

Reggie parked there in front of me like that while I was watching a movie with Sarah.
He wanted my popcorn.
Sorry Reg, it's not gonna happen. (...okay, maybe this once... because I like you now...)
How can I say no to him when he reminds me of God?

I brought something artichoke-y to the Superbowl Party.

[bonus feature:]

Ever since 199....6? ...7? when we went on a date to Old Chicago and ordered artichoke dip as an appetizer, I have had a thing for artichoke dip. Whenever we go out, if there's artichoke dip on the menu, I have to order it. I have to. I'm like an artichoke dip connoisseur. (I totally had to look up how to spell that.)

[end bonus feature]

It happened.
We had our first high school parent and student night with our almost high schooler.
Graduation requirements and registration details and activities fair. 
Oh my.
I noticed just a little bit of a swagger, too, when he walked through the cafeteria.
That's my boy. 

I've been looking for something like this for a long time.
When we were sitting in the financial adviser's office, I noticed one sitting there.
He gave me three for free.
Share. Save. Spend. One compartment for each.

Oh look.
Snow.
And freezing temps.
Like I said before, I am so over snow once Christmas has passed.
But I soldier on.

Sometimes, if I'm running late for work, I drive her a half a block to the corner while she eats her cereal.

And then I watch her meet up with her friends and walk to school.
Sigh.

I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

life rearranged

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the stare down face! I so want my girls to play volleyball.
We went on dates to old chicago too! Is there one down by you, or did you go to the one in uptown?

Cassi Brightforest said...

I love the cereal pic!

Amy said...

Great week. Love the banks! We need those for our girls. Early habits sure make easier habits. I so wish you could share the snow. Our winters have been wimpy lately. Boo. In March if it snows, though, I'll say boo to that for sure.

Janet Butler said...

Wow, she looks like her daddy when she does the 'stare down stare'!! And high school for the boy?? Wow! High school is really a lot of fun for the parents. So many cool things to attend and cheer for your kiddo! *sigh*

Anne Bickle said...

There isn't one here. We lived in Burnsville at the time, so it was probably the one in Apple Valley. :)

Anne Bickle said...

I will totally share the snow with you! :)

Anne Bickle said...

Did JD give you a stare down stare?! lol. :) I'm looking forward to high school. This is a fun age, watching them become adults. Scary, but cool. That's what parenting is all about, right? xo

Danavee said...

Love the stare down face! HA!!!! And the walking to school picture is precious! I really love that one.........a moment from childhood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...