Pages

3.01.2013

<< my week in review: 2/22-28

InstaFriday
A weekly post of pictures from my phone/iPod along with their stories.
Because behind every picture is a story.
And that's what I do here on anne b. good, I tell my story.

This one is left over from last week.
Taken while we were waiting for JD to speak at the Awana Grand Prix.
We were sitting there in the church's cafe and my three kids were huddled around Kaitlin's monkey iPod and I just went, "I love this. I love them. I love being with them. I need a picture." Bam.

Ten points if you know what this is.
One hundred points if you can tell me how to use it.
One hundred thousand points if you can come over to my house and show me.

Yes! You read that right. It's at my house
It's my very own kiln!

I actually bought it a while ago. From one of my tenants who was selling it.
I knew the price was right. 
I mean, like, once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity-to-get-a-kiln-at-that-price right.
But at the time I was still using a community kiln, 
so I just put it in the basement next to the pile of dirty laundry.
Now I am ready to work with clay again.
So I need to figure out how to use this little thing.
That's my next project. 


Sometimes you just have one of those days weeks where you need some therapy.
Some Hobby Lobby therapy.
That's what I'm talking about!
Just looking at all the wonderful things makes me a little bit happier.
Puts me in a better place.
I don't need to even buy anything. 
I want those circle mirrors on my wall. I don't know which wall. 
I just want them. 
In the it's-nice-to-imagine-but-will-never-actually-get-them sense of wanting them.
They are colorful circles of happy.

As I was walking through Hobby Lobby, the thought occurred to me,
"I wonder how many other people are here, just wandering aimlessly, looking at pretty things because they need to feel better?"
I should start a Hobby Lobby therapy group.
#hobbylobbytherapy

I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am that I get to be her Mommy.
She amazes me. Over and over again.

She was wearing that party girl hat and 3D frames for no reason other than her own comfort with her awesomeness. 
I had to get a photo, so then she poses like that. 
I mean, c'mon! She's so fun.

So, at dinner, with her wearing that, she's telling us about her day in school.
How she says hi to everyone. How she knows everyone. 
How she makes it her business to know everyone and say hi to them.
And then she tells us that she saw one of JD's friends at a restaurant (her class went for lunch) and said "hey" to him.
"Did he know who you were?" JD asked.
The look on her face was priceless.
Like, "of course he knows who I am. Everyone knows who I am."


Kaitlin and I are going through a YouVersion plan together on Confidence.
As I've spent the last couple years becoming better acquainted with God's love, I realize how important it is to understand His love for me. 
The confidence that knowing God's love brings.
Just knowing that God loves you. A lot! 
Not because you did anything right. Just because you are.
"While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
"Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
"Nothing can separate us from the love of God."
So, so, so important. 

After a long day's work, I'm ready to go home.
Wow. It's been a long, emotional week.
Do I look beat? I am. 
I think it's about time I get my hair done, too.

How was your week?

I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

6 comments:

seriouslysassymama.com said...

I love the striped scarf. What do you plan to make and put in your kiln?

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks for stopping by! I make hand built stuff (I don't have a wheel). I plan on making tiles for wall hangings, ceramic figurines, vases & candle holders. Then some more soap dishes. Maybe some pendants. So many ideas...!!! :)

Jessica said...

It's so great to find those moments when you just look at your kids and realize how truly blessed you are! This was such an awesome capture! And, I already know where we're going to have our second outing... your house!! Your very own kiln?!! So exciting!!!

Amy said...

So excited for your kiln creating! I get it on the Hobby Lobby therapy, yep. They can have it along side their cake decorating class schedule. Long, emotional week—yep to that too. My eyes look like yours right now, friend. Thankfully, real is beautiful. And you are beautiful. Oh, love the Kaitlin story:)

Lucy said...

Wow your very own kiln!I think that sounds like so much fun...so artsy and metaphoric:)I agree with Amy, keep Keeping it real my friend.Hugs~

Bethany said...

I've been away from the internet for a week...and your family, so it was fun (as always) to see how your week was! Agreed, you have some pretty entertaining and wonderful kiddos. KK is too funny...Looking forward to seeing what comes out of your kiln...retail therapy always a good idea, but Hobby Lobby therapy is better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...