Pages

3.07.2013

<< my week in review: 3/1-7

InstaFriday
The weekly post in which I tell you the stories behind my instagram photos.

I've made a couple friends through this little bloggy-blog.
One of them, Jessica, who blogs at R25, I met through this very InstaFriday link-up.
She contacted me and said she was coming to town to shop at Hobby Lobby with her daughter.
Which is kinda funny because she lives in a large metro area and I live in a smaller town.
But we have Hobby Lobby. And the Mayo Clinic.

I was pretty excited to meet her because she seems like a sweetheart.
But I was also a little bit concerned...

... I didn't want her to meet me and be all like 
"she's nothing like on her blog."

That's kind of one of my worst fears.
Because it's really important to me to be authentic. 
In real-life and in cyber-life.
(But not so important that I don't use filters and crop my photos strategically. ahem.)

Look at her. She is gorgeous! Like, for real. Without insta-filters.
I can't even count how many photos we attempted. 
If taking a selfie is hard, taking a double selfie is twice as hard. 
We recruited our daughters to take photos, 
but then you're dealing with the underside of the chin angle.

Our girls became fast friends. 
It was fun to see them getting along so well.

Look what Jessica made for me! She's so sweet! 
I have a thing for sunglasses, but I did not have a case for them. 
And it even matches my orange purse!
I love it. 
Now every time I go into my purse and see my sunglasses case, I think of my new sweet friend.

Guess what else I did over the weekend?
I got a haircut. For the first time since October. 
I know. 
I have a thing about spending money to get my hair done.

This picture is two birds with one stone.
My haircut, my iPhone.
I had an upgrade coming to me, so I upgraded my ancient Droid to an iPhone this week.
So happy.
My instagram photos just got much less fuzzy.

Sarah's pretty happy too because now she gets my old iPod.
She can text and FaceTime now.

It sure is fun to text her.
Even if her ring tone for me is a fart.

[bonus feature:]

When I was growing up we weren't allowed to say "fart."
We said "spoof" instead.
I had a stuffed dog that I named Fluff, but my dad started calling "spoofs" "fluffs."
Obviously I didn't want to snuggle a "fluff," so I changed it's name to Stuff.
Every time my friend brought a fluffer-nutter sandwich to school, I giggled.
When we got married, JD refused to call farts "spoofs" or "fluffs."
I guess I don't blame him.

[end stinky bonus feature]

JD and I went to Best Buy to check out some computer stuff, and Sarah FaceTimed me in the store.
I usually don't like to be on the phone while in stores, but this was my daughter who was really excited about her iPod. 
How could I not engage her?
I suggested we text each other pictures of ourselves instead of FaceTime. 
I figured it would be less obvious.
(Why is it that every time I FaceTime I think of George Jetson?)

I'm getting smarter on the Sunday mornings that I work in the booth. 
I brought a whole thermos of coffee this time!

When we shot out of the garage in reverse as we left for church, Kaitlin said I was "on a mission."
Right away I sang, "I'm on a mission and I'm wishin' someone could cure my lonely condition."
She looked at me like I was cray-cray.
I couldn't remember the rest of the song though, and it was bothering me.
At church, before the service, I asked our young and hip worship leader if he knew what song had those lyrics.
He looked at me like I was cray-cray.
Then we googled it and I introduced my daughter (and perhaps our worship leader) to Young MC's Bust A Move right there in the sound booth at church.

Young MC - Bust A Move

Powered by www.Mp3Olimp.net

I feel like it's my responsibility to introduce the youth of today to the music of the 1980's.

"Mom," they said. 
"Sunday is Fun Day!"
"Can you get some wafers," they added as I ran into the store to get hamburger buns.
How could I say no? 
After all, it was Fun Day.

John went down to the basement to look for colored construction paper and came up with some photos of him and Kaitlin when they were young.
I've been looking for that kindergarten picture of his.
I really need to clean my basement.

Sixth grade Kaitlin holding preschool Kaitlin.

Eighth grade John holding kindergarten John.

That night I climbed up into John's loft bed and snuggled him like we snuggled when he was little.
The feeling was not mutual.

You guys! So fast, it goes!


This happened this week.
I had to wait for the boys to shovel my side of the driveway before I could go to work on Tuesday.
ugh. it's March for Pete's sake.

Not only did I get my hair cut for the first time since October, but I got some color put in it for the first time since, oh, 2011.
Thanks to my sweet friend, Lori, who offered to pay for some color.
"Friends don't let friends' hair look dishwater blah."

How you like me now?
Ginger brown with caramel highlights.
It's a whole new sassy me.
I think I need some skinny jeans.

I got the shirt.
Then went back and got the pants.
I love T.J.Maxx.

How was your week?


I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

20 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

Wow. That's a lot of snow.

Congrats on your new phone and CUTE hair!

Stopping by from Insta-Friday. :)

Lucy said...

Hi Anne, your hair looks great, and I know what you mean about introducing them to the eighties music....mine think it sounds so old fashioned though...what ?your new phone does take good pictures...basically this whole post was a fun thing to read as I wind down from seeing Mary Poppins live:)

ourlittlecorneroftheworld.com said...

So fun that we both got iPhones last week! They sure do take better pictures, great for all those Instagram posts! :)

Jessica said...

Ok, you're too kind! I'm so glad we took the time to meet up. You're such a gem!
Max was with me while I read your post and had to endure me singing bust a move. Thanks for that flashback!
Funny you think of George Jetson when you FaceTime. I think of Jane Jetson putting her mask in front of her face before receiving a call in the morning! Have a lovely weekend, friend!

Cassi Brightforest said...

I love the hair I got the same colors yesterday. It's funny we weren't allowed to say Fart either growing up just toot. My husband said the same thing as yours

seriouslysassymama.com said...

I love wafers. I also love my iPhone. I am very happy we do not have any snow. I have not colored my hair in more years that I count. My hair is very dark, and I think it is making me look old. Time for some highlights.

Jessica said...

Oooh, yeah, we weren't allowed to say fart either. You're going to laugh, my mom made us say... expel gas. Yep. My kids now say toot. I still think fart sounds too harsh. My kids totally crack up over the whole expel gas thing.

Andrea Nelson said...

Your hair looks awesome. Brad knows every word to Bust a Move. That's ridiculous that Brent doesn't know that song!?! Come on! :)

Andrea Nelson said...

Your hair looks awesome and Brad knows every word to Bust a Move! How does our worship leader not know that song?! That's cray cray! :)

{Steph} said...

What a fun post & great photos. I really enjoyed reading about your week. Popping by from Insta-Friday.

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

Chance said...

Her ring tone for you is a fart! And fluffier-nutter!!! I laughed so hard I cried!

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks, Natalie!

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks, Lucy! I am so glad that I was able to follow up Mary Poppins successfully. That's good company I'm in. :) Have a great week! xo

Anne Bickle said...

congrats on your new phone! yay!

Anne Bickle said...

Oh, Jessica! "Expel gas." That made both Kaitlin and me laugh out loud. I thought fart sounded harsh too. But my husband was very persuasive in his argument that words only have the power we give them. In any case, I lost the argument and now use the f-a-r-t word without (too much) hesitation. // have a great week! xo

Anne Bickle said...

Yay for ginger brown and caramel! Thanks for stopping by Cassi! I hope you have a wonderful week. xo

Anne Bickle said...

Yay for highlights! post some pictures when you get it done. So fun. Have a good week! xo

Anne Bickle said...

I know, right?! xo

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks Steph! I enjoyed meeting you on your blog. xo, ab

Anne Bickle said...

I am so glad you laughed at the fluffer-nutter! That just makes me like you even more.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...