Pages

3.23.2013

The Random Box Exchange

Look what I got in the mail the other day!

It's a random box!
For the Random Box Exchange.

"What is a Random Box Exchange?" you might ask.

Here's the back story to this Random Box Exchange:
I found Gayle's blog through a linky thingy. I don't remember which one.
She looked like a nice girl with a nice blog, so I added her to my reader.
I confess I don't always read all the blogs I add to my reader.
But one of her posts in my reader caught my eye. It was titled
I am sort of random, and I like exchanging gifts, so naturally it intrigued me.
I read the post and commented that it sounded like fun and I would have 
to find a gift exchange to join sometime.
It might have been the first time I commented on her blog, I don't remember.
The point is, I didn't know her, she didn't know me. Not in person. Not in the bloggy blog world.
She replied back "you, me, Random Box Exchange. Just sayin'."
I didn't realize that you can do that, you know,
exchange gifts with a complete stranger for no reason.

And that is what a Random Box Exchange is: exchanging boxes randomly.
Random boxes to random people for random reasons.
I think that's what it is, anyways.

My husband and son thought it was weird.
"So your sending this girl in Texas all this stuff and you don't even know her?"
"Yep."
"Why would you do that?" my son asked.
"What if she isn't really a woman from Texas?" my husband asked.

I found out that her birthday was in March, so I sent her a birthday themed box full of all the things she needs to celebrate her birthday including a piece of birthday cake.
I had so much fun putting it together and sending it. I really was very giddy putting it together.
I was pretty sure that was the best gift I could get, just a chance to try to bless someone else with gifts.

And then I got my box in the mail.

With the sweetest note that made my heart smile.
She did her homework.
Here's what Gayle sent me in the random box:
---
Fun gloves and a fun headband for cleaning fun.
She'd read my blog enough to know that I am not good at deep cleaning.
Hopefully these will help make it more bearable.
At least they'll help me look super cute while cleaning.
I feel like Rosie the Riveter with the hairband.
"We Can Do It!"
---
Coffee.
Gayle's a coffee drinker too. Since she knows I like mine black, she also knows I like mine good.
---
Coffee Cozy.
I've admired those knitted coffee cozies, they're so cute. 
But I've always talked myself out of buying one because I thought to myself that I could make one.
Then of course I never do, so I've never had one. 
Now I have one.
---
Werther's Apple Pie Candy.
I couldn't even get a picture of the candy, it was gone before I started taking pictures.
It was good with coffee though. And without coffee, too.
---
Relaxing mints.
She knows that with three kids, a job, a hubby and all the other things I've got going on, I need a little bit of relaxation.
And truth be told, as a coffee drinker, I need the mints.
---
Candle.
This little candle smells won.der.ful. Like lemon grass. Like spring.
Which is something I'm really longing to smell these days.
---
Post-Its.
I don't know if she knew this, but I have post-its all over to remind me of things.
If I don't write it down, I don't remember it.
I probably could use my notes app on my phone, but I'm old school like that. I like paper products.
I love these cute little post-its. They will soon be plastered all over my steering wheel.
---
Jesus Today devotional.
The subtitle for the book is Experiencing Hope Through His Presence
Hope is a big one for me. I needed hope. I have hope.
I've heard a lot about Jesus Calling, and I am looking forward to diving into this devotional by the same author. 
---
Water bottle.

I need to drink more water. This is going to help me.
I love the verse that she wrote with it:
"They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. 
It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. 
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. 
Jeremiah 17:8"
I'm pretty sure she doesn't know details of the particular drought that we are 
going through right now as I haven't posted about it, but that verse was just right.
--- 
Now, wasn't that fun?!
And random.
And such a blessing. 
For both of us, I think.
I'm so glad I got a chance to get to know Gayle.
She is a super sweetie.
I can check that off my to do list now.
---
It's cool how this little bloggy blog has connected me with complete strangers that God has used to remind
me of His faithfulness during times of drought.
And of His lovingkindness through Random Box Exchanges.

---

Go on over to her blog and take a look at what I sent her.

6 comments:

Janet Butler said...

How fun! Rosie the riveter is exactly what I was thinking, too! How cute! Did you take pics of what you sent her so we could see those things, too??

Anne Bickle said...

I didn't take pictures of what I sent her. But she is going to write a post on her box. When she posts it, I'll let you know. :)

seriouslysassymama.com said...

What super fun! it is so much fun to get surprising things in the mail!!!

Mindy Whipple said...

I just discovered your blog by scrolling through comments at "chatting at the sky" and your random box exchange caught my eye. What a fun idea!

Jessica said...

Wow! How totally fun! Yes, that red polka dot headband is so Rosie and looks great on you :) I'm glad you posted about this. I love the idea!

Amy said...

Yes, that is totally fun. I'm smiling just reading and looking:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...