Pages

10.04.2013

five minutes: write

Five Minute FridayFive Minute Friday is a linky thing where you write for five minutes on a given topic. The rule is that you have to just write, no editing or polishing. Just write what comes to mind and see what happens. The topic is posted by Lisa-Jo Baker every Friday and then people everywhere write posts on that given topic. 

Today's topic is: WRITE

[Ready. Set. GO!]

I think it's interesting that the first time I decided to join the Five Minute Friday thing, the topic is "write." The reason I decided to join in is because I want to practice my writing.

I love to write. It feels right to me to write. Sometimes I'll write my thoughts when I can't express them. Just getting it down and out of my head is helpful. I am an introvert. It makes sense.

I think I have a story in me that I can write. My own story for sure. Other times, I think I might have more stories than my own.

I am afraid of failure. There. I said it. I want to write, but I don't want to fail. I want to do a great many things, but don't want to fail at them.

[STOP.]

Oh man! That five minutes was fast! I can see that I need practice getting my thoughts out faster. Of course, that's why I like writing over talking, because I can edit and polish my words when I write. This is so much more raw. Not sure that I like it, but this exercise might be good for me.

12 comments:

adelineoh said...

Anne,
Welcome to FMF! I like your honesty, like that you are able to say what you just did here. I think we all want to do everything well but sometimes, it is in the "failing" or what we perceive to be failure that teaches us and makes us better to do better. I fall into the same category too. Glad to have "met" you!

Adeline

Lucy said...

oooooooo, yes! my brave friend. Love it and ditto for me.
some day, yes maybe some day.:)

Anne said...

You are brave. Welcome to FMF. I've done it just a few times and each time I shake in my boots. I grew up believing I should be perfect. I don't get too many words in five minutes either. Glad I stopped by!

Anne said...

One more thing. We are both Anne with an "e". I've also been called Annie B. because my full name is Anne Britt. :-)

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks for your encouragement! Glad to have met you too. :)

Anne Bickle said...

I'm glad you stopped by too! Thanks for introducing yourself. And for your encouragement. xo

Anne Bickle said...

I always think of Anne of Green Gables when I tell people that it's "Anne with an e."

Anne Bickle said...

Thanks Lucy. You are such an encouragement. You are also a very good writer. Do it!

Anne said...

:) Anne of Green Gables. Yes. I read the book years ago. Might have to revisit that one.

Amanda said...

Hi my friend!! :) I think it's awesome that you're doing this!! I have thought about joining in this wonderful community before, but I keep getting held back by the whole "don't edit, don't proofread, just write and publish" thing...which is probably one of the main purposes of the exercise ;) You should definitely write stories!!! I hope you and your family are doing well, have a blessed and beautiful day!!

Jennifer said...

Yay for you, Anne! Keep up the brave writing...

seriouslysassymama.com said...

I like this. What a great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...