Pages

3.07.2014

my week in review: 2/28-3/6//2014

my week.

I finally got around to putting the pictures back on the stairwell wall after we painted. I added some more nail holes photos to what I had up there before. Putting it all together was like a puzzle. I love puzzles! Looking at all those photos brings back memories. Memories I get to see every time I go up and down the stairs.

I did not, however, put up that Ohio Stadium picture or the Buckeye Blvd sign. I sure did get a kick out of them, though. That boy of ours. Such a sense of humor. I saw him putting them up. He had such a twinkle in his eye as he did it. It warmed my heart.

Look at those cute little kids, too. Did I mention I love seeing them every time I go up and down the stairs?

[bonus feature:]

That mirror is the tile mirror that I made in 2011 when I started my journey back to creative. My first foray into clay. I wrote about it here.

[end bonus feature]

We had dinner at Oma and Opa's on Saturday and we played Wise and Otherwise. So much laughter ensues every time we play it.

I'm trying to practice gratitude. Especially when I might not feel very thankful. #intentionalgratitude

I drove up to our house and saw the by now all too familiar sight of our mailbox practically buried by snow and I thought about how grateful I am that I can park inside a garage that is attached to our house. That's something to be thankful for in the midst of this record breaking winter.

It's not too hard to be thankful for friends like Christine who has been following my art-journal class/journey and gifted me some art supplies she doesn't use anymore. I mean, how thoughtful is that?! I can't wait to put them to use! (Those phrase stamps and those bird stamps are just per.fect.)

I'm thankful for this girl, who I got to have lunch with on Monday with my mom. I have so much fun with her.

And I'm so thankful for my mom who picked her up from school and brought her all the way to Zumbrota for her ortho appointment and then back to school again. She's the best. 

I'm really ready to see some green. But I'm still taken by the beauty of this scene.

On the one hand it's the worst winter in 30 years. #polarvortex 
On the other hand, "Thank God we haven't had to experience this kind of winter in 30 years!" #intentionalgratitude

[bonus feature:]

It's been Joy Week this week at The Bobby Bones Show.

They decided to promote "pimping joy" this first week of March. (It's really touching why. Read about it here.) All week I've been listening to some pretty awesome testimonials of people who chose joy and who chose to share joy. This one was my favorite.

After hearing that, I was like, "man! I need to spread some joy this week!"

So Thursday, on my way to work, I decided to stop at the McDonald's drive-thru so that I could pay for the person behind me. I was a little nervous that I couldn't afford it because we are so tight. But I figured it'd be worth it.

When I pulled up to the drive-thru no one pulled up behind me. I was debating on whether I should just pay for my own and drive off or if I should just wait until someone pulled up behind me. I decided to wait. I didn't have to wait long because just as I pulled up to the first window, a woman in a crossover vehicle pulled up behind me.

I have no idea what happened after I paid for her order because I drove off. I'm pretty sure I put a smile on the crossover vehicle woman's face, maybe even the McDonald's worker woman's face.

But I had a smile in my heart all day. That's the thing about doing stuff like that--as a wise person once said, "it's better to give than to receive."

[end bonus feature]


life rearranged

I'm @annebickle on Instagram & Twitter.
Linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that John put that picture up! I can just imagine the twinkle in his eye ;) Something (like that) I don't doubt my boy will be doing in the near future. Gotta love those boys!
You did a beautiful job putting together the picture puzzle. That seems like a big task!
I don't know the game Wise and Otherwise. Sounds like I need to be acquainted!
Have a lovely weekend, friend!

Mindy Whipple said...

I love how you paid for the person at the drive-up. My niece works at Starbucks and this happens often there but you rarely hear about it at McDonalds where, honestly, I think it would bless someone even more being so unexpected! I bet you made her day : ) Happy weekend.

Mindy said...

LOVE that last picture. Beautiful!

Kelli Samson said...

I love that you are practicing gratitude so intentionally. Some days it's so hard to find things to be thankful for - I admire you!! And I am right there with you with the tight purse strings, mama. xoxox

Alyson McMahon said...

Those photos on the wall.. Now I want to get old family photos! Such a nice idea. And yeah, totally over this winter. Gorgeous.. but man, it's been cold and I would love to see some green grass!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...