Pages

5.09.2014

my week in review: 5/2-8//2014

my week in Instas and the stories behind them.

These two girls. I love em.

McKenna pretty much stays at our house each time there's a volleyball tournament. She calls me mom. I call her Honey. They helped me get ready for Sarah's birthday party on Friday. I gave them some ribbon and told them to have at the light, to make it festive.

They did good.

If you blow up 24 balloons for a birthday party and have them laying around, a balloon fight will break out. If the party involves 10 year old girls there will be much high pitched screaming. I know this from experience.

On Saturday we had a pizza party for the volleyball team. Then we had these 4 girls spend the night. I had to promise their moms that I'd make them go to bed so they wouldn't be tired for bracket play the next day.

Kaitlin is serving up the last points of the winning match.

First place in their division!

Maybe sleepovers at the Bickle house is what clinched it? Or the pancakes and bacon they had for breakfast?

I mean, in addition to the excellent volleyball skills of the girls, of course.

I guess they really loved their trophy.

So Monday was Cinco de Mayo. And I'm not Mexican, but I appreciate a good Margarita. I also appreciate putting a smile on a friend's face. So when my friend suggested we have a Margarita on Cinco de Mayo, I came prepared with sombreros and moustaches.

I brought Kaitlin with me so that she could watch the four boys while we had some girl time. Kaitlin bathed the two younger ones who'd been playing in the mud and then fed them and kept them (mostly) away from us while we visited on the deck. Such a huge ministry she had to my friend that day.

Here's a great quote that I got from my #olcbrenecourse this week:


For our assignment this week we had to think about what our strengths and accompanying weaknesses are and journal them. Brene referred to them as our "superpowers" and our "kryptonite."


A smile faster than a speeding bullet!
Microsoft Office skills more powerful than a locomotive!
Able to leap tall piles of laundry in a single bound!
It's SuperAnne!

I kinda struggled over this one and had to consult my family about what they thought my superpowers are.

And if those are my superpowers, here's my accompanying kryptonite:

I am so tenderhearted that I am easily broken hearted.
I am so even keeled that I am hard to read, therefore often misunderstood.
I am so flexible that I sometimes don't have a backbone.
I am creative, but I have way too many projects going on that are not finished.
I am easy to talk with, but I am not good at developing deep relationships.
I am genuine. Sometimes I'm not sure how good that is, but it is what it is, genuine.

I'm @annebickle, linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.



life rearranged

4 comments:

Mindy Whipple said...

I can identify with most of that kryptonite...

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

High-five for having stick-on mustaches on hand. I like to keep one in my purse because you just never know!

Mindy said...

Great pics! Congrats to your daughter and her team on their win!

seriouslysassymama.com said...

My 10 year old plays volleyball. It is so much fun watching her play.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...