Pages

7.25.2014

snapshots & thoughts

sharing my snapshots and thoughts from the past week 

::

Kaitlin and her friend pose by the covered bridge in Zumbrota.
It's the last remaining covered bridge in Minnesota so it's kind of a big deal (in Zumbrota). 

::

Sunday afternoon Kaitlin and I went to the lake and caught some rays.
I treasured this time I had with her.
We talked about this and that, 
which is really what every mother dreams of, I think, 
to talk to their kids about this and that.

::

Later that night we had a police officer at our house 
to get Kaitlin's account of a man trying to pick her up 
while she was walking in the neighborhood.

He gave us some good advice that I'd never heard before.
I decided to write a post about it so others could hear it too.


Read all about what happened to Kaitlin and what the officer said 
by clicking on this link.

I'll be here when you get back.

::

They made him wear a mask in the waiting room 
because he was coughing so much.
It's pneumonia, poor guy.

::

Because he's been sick he missed the last part of the baseball season.
I'm gonna be a proud mamma here and say that I think the teams he was on missed him.

::

Sarah's last softball game was Wednesday night.

I brought my book club novel to the game to read while they warmed up
but I was instructed that as soon as the game began I was not to read it. 
Nor was I to be on the phone during the game. 
I snuck this picture.
It's not really being on the phone if it's a camera, right?

After the game I took this pic.
A beautiful sunset to end her season.
How fitting.

::

This book on spiritual abuse has been interesting and enlightening. Heavy. Resonating.
And, for now, that's all I have to say about that.

::

Let's lighten things up... I bought myself a new swimsuit this week.
Then I saw this pin on Pinterest:


The older I get, the more I like winter and clothes that cover me.

life rearranged

2 comments:

Mindy Whipple said...

The sunset at the end of the season - beautiful!

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

I had pneumonia a few years ago, it sucks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...