Pages

12.31.2014

snapshots & thoughts: christmas pjs

Traditionally the only present the kids get to open on Christmas Eve
is their present from the Elves.

When they were old enough to be impatient about waiting for Christmas morning,
we told them they could open one on Christmas Eve.

"But how will Santa get us a present on Christmas Eve if he doesn't deliver them until Christmas morning?" my very astute preschooler asked.
"Why doesn't he just bring them all on Christmas Eve if he's going to bring one?"

The answer of course is The Elves.

Really I just wanted to make sure they had pajamas that fit them
for any photos taken on Christmas morning.

The kids in their Christmas pajamas.

Don't they look sweet?

 
Except this is what really happens when I try to get a sweet photo of them.

[bonus feature:]

It reminded me of another Christmas pj photo where Sarah got smothered and wasn't too happy about it:
2006 in Kansas City, Missouri

This was also the year that they figured out that the Elves gave them pajamas EVERY year.
On second thought, maybe that's why Sarah isn't looking too happy.

[end bonus feature]

Kaitlin and Aunt Bethany are sock-monkey-pajama twins. 
Let's take a picture. 

 
 But first... "let me take a selfie."

 
Oh, Opa!

Aunt Betty and the kids in their Christmas pjs.

***

And finally, while not having anything to do with Christmas pajamas,
I have to share this snapshot:

I just took re-purposing to a whole nother level.

The TV was too heavy to remove myself.
Besides, it won't fit in my car even if I could move it.
So it became our coffee table...

... until we can recruit some muscles with a truck...


2 comments:

Jan Winnes said...

Good thinking ahead to give pjs on Christmas Eve for photos on Christmas morning! It's been a fun tradition over the years.

Mindy Whipple said...

What fun photos of your kiddos! I say you are never too old for new Christmas pajamas and would be thrilled if the elves themselves stopped by next year to bring me some too :) My mom always bought my sister and I pajamas and really it is a favorite memory. I love when the celebrating is over and I can relax on the couch - in new or old pj's. Happy New Year...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...