Pages

12.13.2014

snapshots & thoughts

 OMG.

The last time I posted my snapshots and thoughts I ended it with Halloween Flo, 
fully intending to bring you up to date before this.

Halloween also happens to be the same day that I moved in a certain tenant of mine who I now have a restraining order against.

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "Let me explain. No there is too much, let me sum up."

After only a week there, I knew I would have to evict him.
He would do things on purpose to make people upset.
It really was bizarre behavior.
I can't even begin.

Suffice it to say, this is pretty much how I felt every night after work.
All the old ladies were afraid of him.
All the old men wanted to fight him.
It's been the longest 1-1/2 months of my career in property management.

We evicted him, then he super-glued my office door and two of our exterior doors' locks.

We decided to get a restraining order against him so that he couldn't come near the property..
It wasn't so much for me - though it's filed on my behalf. 
It's more for those who live there because it includes my place of work.
Unreal.

 During my lunch hours I needed to get away from the craziness.
One day I found this great spot back in the woods, so quiet and peaceful.
It's my new favorite lunch spot.

::

Here's some other stuff that happened since my last post:

John got his driver's license! Now he drives himself & Kaitlin to school.
This photo was taken their first day going to school together.
I was probably more excited for them than they were.
"Mom! We're just going to school!"
"I know, but you're going to school without a parent! That is, like, a huge milestone."
"It's just school."

Now I have to call shotgun.
I never used to have to do that.

Sarah (#35) started basketball season.
She loves it & she has some friends from school on the team, which is really fun for her.

Sarah loves to draw.
And she loves coffee.
She's a girl after my own heart.

Bedtime homework snuggles.
Yay!

::

Thanksgiving happened.

Someday I might write about how hard it was, but not today.
My highlight was spending time with these three.

I'm so thankful for my children.
In the history of the world, there haven't been three children better than these three.

::

Kaitlin came to work with me on the day we had to go before the judge on the eviction case.
She wants to be a lawyer, so she asked if she could come to court and watch.
She and I had some coffee while we waited for the judge to sign the Writ of Recovery/Order to Vacate. 

It was fun hanging out with her for a day.

Dear Favorite Blue Scarf That I Knit Last Winter, 

I haven't seen you in a while. I think I may have left you
behind somewhere. I didn't do it on purpose, I promise! 
I am so sad, but I trust you are making someone else
really happy. 

I will always remember you fondly,

Anne


It wasn't all bad at work.
I decorated the lobby for Christmas.
I love seeing my residents' faces light up when they walk through.
So many of them don't have the energy to decorate anymore - or the visitors to decorate for.
I get so much joy from putting smiles on their faces.

Listening to the "Traditional Christmas" channel on Pandora, reading my book in front of the Christmas tree.

All is well again.

::

Linking up with @jeannettg for InstaFriday.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...